Alternatives for Women's offices are currently closed. Staff are working remotely in order to continue to provide services to women in our community.
If you are a woman in need of support
please call our 24/7 crisis line
We can also be reached through this site or any of the following ways:
Admin line: 613-476-4435
WHAT WE DO
At Alternatives for Women we provide Second Stage Housing and non-judgmental, supportive counselling from a feminist perspective. We advocate on behalf of women and children and we provide public education about the issues that concern women who have experienced domestic violence. All of our counselling services are free and confidential.
• 24-hour crisis intervention
• Free, confidential counseling
• Emergency transportation to shelter
• Safety Planning
• Individual and group support
• Second-Stage housing
• Accompaniment to meetings and court
• Advocacy and referrals to other agencies
• Information about options
• Transitional and housing support
• Outreach counseling in Prince Edward County
• Public education programs and presentations
• Student placement opportunities
I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.
The moment you feel you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.
Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.
CRISIS LINE 613-476-2787
Administrative Line 613-476-4435
PO Box 6206 Picton, ON K0K 2T0
Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 4pm
SEND US AN E-MAIL BELOW (for non emergency communications)
Board of Directors
Executive Director Leah Morgan
Chair Caroline Granger Treasurer Dominique Jones
Director Dee Hazell Director Gillian White
Director Emily Cowan Director