Our first annual Violet Gala,
in support of
Alternatives for Women
and Vi's House has been postponed. Please check our blog for updates as they become available.
With concern for the health of our clients and staff, effective today (March 16th) Alternatives for Women is closing our offices for 2 weeks due to COVID 19.
Staff are working remotely in order to continue to provide services to women in our community. Please call our crisis line 613-476-2787 for support.
At Alternatives for Women we provide Second Stage Housing and non-judgmental, supportive counselling from a feminist perspective. We advocate on behalf of women and children and we provide public education about the issues that concern women who have experienced domestic violence. All of our counselling services are free and confidential.
• 24-hour crisis intervention
• Free, confidential counseling
• Emergency transportation to shelter
• Safety Planning
• Individual and group support
• Second-Stage housing
• Accompaniment to meetings and court
• Advocacy and referrals to other agencies
• Information about options
• Transitional and housing support
• Outreach counseling in Prince Edward County
• Public education programs and presentations
• Student placement opportunities
Board of Directors
Executive Director Leah Morgan
Chair Caroline Granger Treasurer Dominique Jones
Director Dee Hazell Director Gillian White
Director Emily Cowan Director Peta Hall