This International Women’s Day, Alternative's For Women wants to show the women we support that the Prince Edward County community has their back.
We’re asking people from our community to:
1. Think of a message of support you want to give to local woman challenging abuse.
2. Write your message and leave it in the box (accompanying this poster) in one of the local businesses supporting this project...
3. Or, send your message to us via email or DM us on social media.
4. We will write your messages on cards and hand deliver your notes of support to our clients on IWD.
5. Follow us online to celebrate IWD on March 8th and hear what our community had to say!
Please submit any notes you’d like to pass on before Monday, February 28th so we can ensure your messages are received.
Thank you for your support!
We support women 16 and up, residing in PEC, who have experienced abuse or are fleeing domestic violence through free counselling, advocacy and support, and rent geared to income transitional housing. We support all women regardless of their assigned sex at birth.
Find us on both Facebook and Instagram