Alternatives for Women, a feminist organization, provides Second Stage Housing, community counselling, and transitional services to abused women. AFW is seeking applicants for the following position:
Training & Public Engagement Coordinator
Contract until March 31, 2024 with possibility of extension - Full Time 35 hours a week
The Training & Public Engagement Coordinator will provide public education presentations and engagement with community partners in Prince Edward County. The TPEC will also facilitate Skill Development groups for women and oversee Placement Students/Volunteers.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Post Secondary Education in Social Services/Women's Studies, or equivalent through combination of relevant education and related experience
· Familiarity with and experience working in the area of Violence Against Women
· Demonstrated commitment to women's issues and the anti-violence movement
· Experienced in public speaking
· Understanding of and commitment to working within an intersectional feminist, anti-racism, anti-oppression framework understanding the social, economic and political context of woman abuse
· Ability to promote teamwork and strength in a staff group, as well as work autonomously
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of community services
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Current CPR / First Aid Certificate
· Criminal Background check with Vulnerable Sector
A detailed job description is available on request.
Forward resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Teri McNair, Board Member
Alternatives for Women
Posting closes on August 31, 2022 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.